The East Boston Chamber of Commerce opens Nominations for the Prosperity Awards 2018
East Boston, MA- The East Boston Chamber of Commerce is holding its annual Prosperity Awards on November 8, 2018 at the Hilton on Boardman Street. Nominations for the 2018 Prosperity Awards are open until Wednesday, August 15 and will be announced starting in September. The Chamber is asking all members of the public to submit nominations of distinguished individuals or businesses that have significantly improved the community through economic, cultural or volunteer activities.
In a change from previous years, the Chamber will be honoring 7 or individuals or businesses from a limited number of categories, in order to highlight their contributions.
- Small Business of the year 2018 is a business with ten employees or fewer
- Entrepreneur of the year 2018 is a single individual who has started their own business
- Restaurant/ Restaurateur of the year
- New Business of the Year 2018 has existed less 2 years
- Non-Profit Organization or Leader
- Public Servant works in a school, or is emergency service personnel
- Economic Growth & Improvement
- Buddy Mangini Award- A person who has shown a lifetime commitment to the people of East Boston.
In order to nominate someone, please send in approximately one page, outlining how this person has made a significant contribution to the community. Chamber President Buddy Mangini invites everyone to attend “this year we will sell out, so purchase tickets early!”
If you have questions, or would like to nominate someone please contact the East Boston Chamber at email@example.com
, or mail nominations to The East Boston Chamber at: 175 McClellan Highway, East Boston, MA 02128.